End of the Season

Each fall, the Grand Rapids Press newspaper hosts a mega garage sale in the Fifth Third Ballpark parking lot  think flea market finds with garage sale prices. I look forward to it each year, as hundreds of people pack the aisles to vendor their assorted and sundry wares, and this year's sale did not disappoint.


I came home with many wonderful treasures, including a gazillion antique buttons for Junkmill and hundreds of original, unused vintage alcohol labels now in the shop.

My top find, thought, was the elusive vanity case that nearly completes my set of vintage blue luggage (I still need the round hat box vanity). I've been searching for a few years, and now that it's mine, I've decided it's the perfect place to store my ever-growing collection of gumball machine toys.

Sadly, the big event marks the end of garage sale season, but I'm discovering a whole host of thrift stores and antique markets within a few minutes drive from the new house ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!