Cloche


In honor of spring's arrival, I thought I'd share a little altered book inspired by the stacks of field guides and animal encyclopedias I poured over as a child. Cloche was created in an old children's board book. I peeled the original illustrations from the pages, sanded the chipboard, added gesso and topped it with several layers of acrylic paint and ink to form the foundation for the collages. While field guides are most helpful in identification, offering both common and scientific names, I often wondered what the animals' real names were. Hence the monikers in this book. Icterus galbula became Bobby, Archilochus colubris became Olivia, and so on ...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!