Big Bang Theory

Mixed media collage. ©Chandra Orr/Junkmill

More from the Strange Beasts art journal. Inspiration came from the tiny text, which reads, "In 2036, a Rose Bowl-size asteroid is on track to slam into Earth at 66,000 feet per second, setting off tsunamis, coating the planet in fire, ending civilization." 

Though clipped from a magazine, I'm not entirely certain that this is true, but it certainly puts my mind at ease when I have a neurotic moment over not cleaning the kitchen ... or not becoming a mega-famous, Nobel Prize-winning rock star philanthropist. 

Fun fact: One-half of 1% of the white noise you hear between radio channels is the sound of the Big Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!