Mountain of Magnets


I just adore magnets. I also get a huge thrill from seeing how crafters use Junkmill collage sheets. When the two come together, it's quite a treat. I recently swapped some collage sheets for an amazing assortment of bottlecap magnets and charms from Cindy Whitehurst, the mastermind behind Transforming Negatives. Several feature Junkmill art, including the juggling hands and Blue Ointment, but I'm particularly enamored with the one of Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Bazinga!


I love how the refridgerator becomes an unintentional focal point in a home, a dynamic, real-time scrapbook filled with the important ephemera of our daily lives. A quick glance at a family's fridge and you instantly see what's important to them ... and, because it's an ongoing organic assemblage, it's more honest and revealing than, say, a carefully crafted scrapbook or guarded holiday newsletters sent out with the Christmas cards. Ours is rather sleek and clean at the moment, but these great magnets need a moment to shine before the correspondence, coupons and stray Post-it notes pile up.


Take a peek at Transforming Negatives, and get your fridge geared up for 2012. Each bottlecap magnet is just $1.00, with a special buy-two-get-one-free sale in progress. She has hundreds of designs to choose from so you can show off those random snapshots, appointment reminders and receipts with a little style.

Are you a crafter that currently uses Junkmill collage sheets in your work? Drop me a line at junkmill.studio @ gmail.com. I'd love to see what you're working on!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I'll be sure to check out Transforming Negatives!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!