Even More Strange Beasts


A few more pages from my Strange Beasts art journal. Above, a two-page spread featuring a tip-in from National Geographic, an antique map and tons of rub-on embellishments. I liked this image so much I turned it into a printable transparency to use on Artist Trading Cards. Feel free to do the same ... just click for the full size image.

Below, a response to an art journal challenge. We were asked to interpret the word stop in visual form. I hadn't intended to create such a text-heavy assemblage, but that's where my mind went ... to the lyrics of a favorite song. I incorporated tape labels from a vintage label maker, collaged words and dimensional gel pen, along with the usual paper dyes and grungy distress inks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!