Prologue: Strange Beasts of the Past

























While perusing my old altered books, I found a few more pages to share from the original Strange Beasts. Above, a two-page spread completed while teaching altered art journaling at Delta College in Bay City, Michigan. This was a guided exercise to help students uncover their own artistic voice while introducing the concepts of ransom note lettering and found poetry. Below, another adventure in grungy lime-yellow with ribbon woven through the facing page. At the bottom, more experiments with geometric relations ... stripes and squares seem to be my favorite method of adding some sense of order to the otherwise chaotic pages.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!