Near Portland for Halloween?


If you're in the Portland, Oregon area this weekend, I wholeheartedly recommend a trip to the Joy Cinema in Tigard for the Halloween Scare-A-Thon, featuring five classic, back-to-back monster movies with tons of trivia and prizes.

I recently had the occasion to visit the Joy for their Weird Wednesday showing of Sting of Death with my dear friend Miss Kris from the Laughing Vixen Lounge.

From the opening introductions by Jeff Punk Rock Martin (the owner) and Mr. Monster Kid Radio (Derek M. Koch) to the awesome MST3K vibe, it was more fun than I'd had at the movies in a long time. Plus, they have beer, pizza and (honestly) some of the best popcorn I've ever had.

I'm super bummed to be stuck here in Michigan, but I'll be there in spirit! Happy Halloween you ghouls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If your comment includes a question, rest assured that I read each any every submission, and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks for checking out my blog!